In an uncanny similarity to last years Cheltenham Festival this year’s event has been given the go ahead by The Jockey Club.
Last year’s Cheltenham Festival was also given the go ahead, by The Jockey Club, after a global virus scare but this time it was the horses who were at risk, “Equine Flu Scare”.
The Jockey Club (British racing) updated their Public Health Measures and Guidance on 4th March to address coronavirus concerns.
British Racing is in close communication with the UK Government regarding the current public health situation.
“We welcome their guidance that the business of the country should continue as usual, while ensuring the latest public health advice is adhered to. Cheltenham Racecourse will continue to follow advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and Public Health England, as well as that of local government.”
British Racing have put the following in place for the Cheltenham Festival:
- Pre-event communication advising all customers to follow official government public health advice.
- Additional toilets and handwashing facilities.
- Additional staff will operate in all toilet areas to ensure that soap and drying facilities are constantly available.
- Antibacterial hand gel will be made available.
- Posters around the racecourse as a reminder of public health advice, which includes washing your hands regularly with soap and hot water or using antibacterial gel.
The 2020 Cheltenham Festival meeting hosts four days of thrilling action, the highlight of the Jump season. The Cheltenham Festival held at Cheltenham Racecourse to celebrate the very best of jump racing, with over £4.5 million of prize money on offer, these are the key races:
Cheltenham Festival Day 2: Wednesday 11th March – Ladies Day –
Cheltenham Festival Day 4: Friday 13th March – Gold Cup Day –
Cheltenham Gold Cup Betting
The 2020 Cheltenham Festival Horse Race meeting will be held over 4 days between 10 March 2020 and 13 March 2020.
All the big race 2020 Cheltenham Festival Favourites.